I am a Who Dat!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where Does the "WE" Come from in Health Care

I felt the need to share a post from the Black Conservatives Yahoo Groups Courtesy of NYCBlackAmerican

The collective 'we' are building up massive debt in trying to keep up with health care costs. Well, let me tell you a little something about this part of the 'we'.
  • For 44 years, I contributed to my own health care insurance program. When I was dissatisfied with the program, I changed it at the once-a-year option I got to do so.
  • I paid social security taxes.
  • I paid for medicare, Parts A & B.
  • I paid my co-pays which were not reimbursed by anybody and, in some cases, had to meet a deductible before I could even begin to claim benefits.
Now, where has all that money I and my employers paid into the Medicare system gone to? Here are some of the benefits distributed by Medicare Part B using my dime: physicians' services; home health care; services and supplies , including drugs and biologicals which cannot be self-administered, furnished incidental to physicians' services, diagnostic x-rays and other tests; surgical dressings, and splints, casts and other devices used for fractures and dislocations, etc., etc.

My private insurance, which I must keep, also provides me with all of these services. I am only eligible for Medicare Part A, hospital insurance. I hope my hospital takes it [many do not]. Why do I need Medicare? I don't and did not choose to have it.

So, when Obama speaks in terms of 'we', just who is he talking about? Not me. The federal government has squandered all the money it collected from me and my employer over 44 years, and now wants to make me a party to that mismanagement. I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'We' is a misnomer and it only really comes up when liberals have their hands in someone else's pocket.